Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Spec Miata Archives » Spec Miata 2001-2009 » ep

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: ep
2fast4u Verified Driver

Region: Central Florida Region
Icon 1 posted  Profile for 2fast4u     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

How much different is ep. What kinds of mods?? Any info on this class??

Paul

--------------------
NO MO MONEY RACING

Gone Production Racing

dewey Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: 083 Central Florida Region
Car #: 74
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dewey     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

big $

Dewey

Blix Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NER
Car #: 12
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blix     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Read your GCR and check out this link...

http://www.miata.net/motm/2003/workman.html

You run HP or EP depending on the motor. Production is a whole different ball of wax than IT/SSB/SM. It inbolves MAJOR component development on all parts of the car. The good guys have done major motor work and are suspinsion engineers, redesging the car to optimize it, even for specific races. (I know most of the Production guys who want to win have a whole new car for the RunOffs..

Eric
NER #02

--------------------
Eric
http://www.hale-motorsports.com
For all your Mazda and Mustang needs

don wiseman Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Veteran Member

Region: Rocky Mountain
Car #: 81
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for don wiseman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Production comes in 2 flavors: full prep and limited prep. 1.6 runs in E with full prep and F with limited prep; 1.8 runs in E with limited prep. This is a gross overgeneralization, but mechanically limited prep for miatas is IT motor and stock suspension pickup points, fuel cell and slicks. Full prep is fabricated subframes and suspensions, full tilt motors and $$$$$$$$$$$. Erik Skirmants used to have Bob Boig's old car, then it went to Jim Daniels-either one of them can comment. Jim also had a limited prep Fcar built that is now owned by Weber Manning that's a state of the art car- same bodywork as the E car, but not nearly as mechanically complicated and therefore not as expensive as E.

jd76

Icon 1 posted    Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ground up EP Runoffs winner, 125k

Ground up FP Runoffs winner, 60-90k

Older cars with hope 35-70k

FYI, one motor is 25k, rebuild every 4 events for 4k.

Trans is 20k, rebuild every 6 events for 2k.

EP cost a bit more than a World Challenge car to build less the travel expense and full crew (same motor as the protege in my car).

You CAN race for less but not with the best equipment.

EP is GT-3 less a full tube frame (well that is what we say). FP in a Miata is limited but FP with a Midget is not costing 70-90k for a top car.

Oh yeah, 8 Goodyears = $1,700.00 a 3 day weekend.

Golf looks good about now.......

(numbers are in Miata terms, Spitfires cost less)

-

ANDREW Verified Driver

Region: CAL CLUB
Car #: 49
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for ANDREW   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

maybe that ex boig car you bought but my 99 will run up front and wont cost anything close to 50gs

[ 08-07-2003, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: ANDREW ]

--------------------
Andrew Fernandez
www.sandimasauto.com

jmac36

Icon 1 posted  Profile for jmac36     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jim, you ever sell that car?

jd76

Icon 1 posted    Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I still have the car, under 50k in it plus the spares. Parts alone to equal it would be over 60k less any labor or spares.

Andy, to build it new is what I meant. I also built a '99 (top 10 Runoffs car) and a FP all out car (170 HP car sold to my dentist).

If you want to race with stock trans etc. it can be done for less. I think you know what I mean, or you should, by a all out car.

So, your '99 runs right up there with Pratt?? Faster or seconds slower?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: